J-Pitch@ Pusan 2008
Date: Oct. 3 – 6, 2008
Place: Pusan Promotion Plan(PPP), Pusan International Film Festival, Korea
Pusan International Plan is a project market of Asian Film Market which is jointly held with Pusan International Film Festival. From the launch in 1998, it has taken place every year and marked it’s 11th year this year.
Since it is the biggest film festival in Asia, projects are widely chosen without the regard to co-production with Korea.
To apply for PPP, projects should have director already decided. Projects which are already at the stage of shooting or at the middle of post-production are also accepted to apply which is not so much common in other project markets.
In 2008, under the partnership with PPP, J-pitch was able to send 3 officially selected projects and 2 unofficially selected projects to Pusan. This year again, there were not so many buyers but for the 3 officially selected projects, many meetings were arranged by PPP and for Kousuke Ono’s highly appraised “Forget-me-not”, the best prize of the Pusan Award was given.
J-Pitch had a working space in Asian Film Market for the first time. The space was used as a meeting space for unofficially selected producers and also was used effectively to promote J-pitch activities.
- Attending Asian Film Market 2008 Opening reception
- Attending PGK Night
- Individual business meeting
- Presentation “About Asian Film Fund”
- Attending “Japan Reception” hosted by The Agency for Cultural Affairs, UNIJAPAN, VIPO
- Attending Luncheon sponsored by Asia-Pacific Film Policy Forum
- Attending European Film Promotion reception
- PPP Award ceremony＜Yasmin Ahmad’s 'Forget-me-not' wins the highest award of PPP＞
PPP Official Selection
Director: Yasmin Ahamad
Producer: Kousuke Ono WA Entertainment
'My Back Page'
Director: Nobuhiro Yamashita
Producer: Yuji Sadai Bitters End, inc
'Leaving the Peninsula behind'
Director: Sang-il Lee
Producer: Mikio Sugiura Be WILD Co., Ltd.
- Motoo Kawabata GDH K.K.
- Zhang Yunhui Dragon Films Inc